The causes of grievances may be grouped under three heads-
(1) Grievances resulting from Managerial Polices:-
- Wage rates or scale of Pay.
- Transfer- improper matching of worker with the job
- Seniority, Promotion and discharges.
- Lack of career planning and employee development plan
- Lack of role clarity.
- Lack of regards for collective agreement.
- Hostility towards a labour union.
- Autocratic leadership style of supervisors.
(2)Grievances resulting from Working conditions:-
- Non-availability of proper tools, machines and equipments for doing the job.
- Tight Production standards.
- Bad working conditions.
- Poor relationship with the supervisor.
- Negative approach to discipline.
(3) Grievances resulting from Personal factors.
- Narrow attitude
- Egoistic personality
- Non Cooperative fellow workers
- Personal Problems outside factory.
Be the first to comment on "Sources of Grievances"