1. Managers have to be out front in mobilizing organizational energy behind the drive for good strategy execution and operating excellence.
2. A culture where there is constructive pressure to achieve good results is a valuable contributor to good strategy execution and operating excellence.
3. Results-oriented cultures are permeated with a spirit of achievement and have a good track record in meeting or beating performance targets.
4. Successfully leading the effort to instill a spirit of high achievement into the culture generally entails such leadership actions and managerial practices as:
- Treating employees with dignity and respect
- Making champions of people who turn in winning performances
- Encouraging employees to use initiative and creativity in performing their work
- Setting stretch objectives and clearly communicating an expectation that company personnel are to give their best in achieving performance targets
- Granting employees enough autonomy to stand out, excel, and contribute
- Using the full range of motivational techniques and compensation incentives to inspire company personnel, nurture a results-oriented work climate, and enforce high-performance standards
- Celebrating individual, group, and company successes
Be the first to comment on "Putting Constructive Pressure on the Organization to Achieve Good Results"