1. Language – if too much jargon is used the message might get misunderstood.
3. Relationships – if the relationship between the sender & receiver is poor, communication may be ineffective.
4. No feedback – getting no confirmation the message was received
5. Wrong method – for example using the phone when a letter would be more appropriate.
6. Lack of planning – the message & the reasons for sending the message were not planned in advance
Basic Communication skills
ü Speak in a language suitable to the listener
ü Write clearly and use visuals to clarify information
ü Listen to people & be able to obtain feedback
ü Read & understand body language
ü Be aware of the listeners needs