For the achievement of the above mentioned objectives, the trade Unions generally perform the following functions:-
- Collective bargaining with the management to settle terms and conditions of employment.
- Advise the management on personnel policies and practices.
- Taking up the individual and collective grievances of the workers with the management.
- Work for achieving better say of workers in the management of affairs of the enterprise which influence the lives of the workers directly.
- Organising demonstrations, strikes, etc, to press demands of workers.
- Education of workers and their children.
- Welfare and recreational activities for their members.
- Representing of workers in various national and international forums.
- Securing legislative protection for workers from the government.