This actually gives us an idea about the actual performance of the ad in terms of exposure, perception, communication and sales effect. We can assess the credibility and comprehension of the ads.
- Recall tests: In this type of tests the individuals are asked to answer about the ads entirely on the basis of their memory. It could be aided recall, where they are given few cues to help them recall and unaided recall, which of course is based on memory alone.
- Recognition test: These are also known as readership tests, whereby it is seen whether they buy the product upon seeing the ads. Importantly, the individual has to qualify as the reader of that particular issue.
- Triple association test: Here the respondent is given certain cues wherein he can relate to a certain brand. For example – “Thanda Matlab”, if the answer is coca-cola, then it is correct. And if the respondent is able to connect the product with the company then it is a triple association.
- Sales effect tests: They measure the various stages of buyer awareness, preference, buying intention and actual purchase in relation to actual advertising effort.
- Sales results tests: The additional sales generated by the ads are recorded. It is difficult however to correlate an increase in sales to advertising alone.
- Enquires test: These are couponed ads of consumer durables. They invite consumers to send back the coupon to seek a demo or more details. The number of enquires determine the effectiveness of the ads.
- Attitude test: Attitudes show our predisposition towards objects, ideas, people and places. They indicate overall feelings. The change in attitude as a result of advertising is assessed. The assumption is that a favorable attitude towards a product will lead to a purchase. Most ads are designed either to reinforce or change the existing attitudes.
Be the first to comment on "7 Post-testing methods after Advertising"