The following principles should be followed to improve communication
Interpretation of words:
A basic general principle of communication is that the words, symbols that the sender uses in sending the message must have the same meaning in the mind of the receiver, so that the message sent and the message received is identical .
- Reality always changing . The meanings of words are not in the words,
- They are in use or according to our perception .
INFLUENCE OF ATTITUDES, OPINIONS AND EMOTIONS:
- When information is according to our hopes, views and attitude we tend to
- Accept it and react favorably on the other hand, if the information is against our will, desire, or attitude we tend to reject or react negatively to it or even toward the informer.
- Emotional conditions of a communicator is important when he receives or sends the message undesirable emotions like anger, fear, hatred, worry adversely affect any kind of information .
THE CLOSED MIND :
- Some people refuse to consider mew facts . They have limited or incorrect knowledge . They don’t welcome new ideas and facts .
DEFINING THE MAIN IDEA :
- When the message has taken the form a direct request with a direct approach , the first paragraph of it must mention the main idea directly .
- The main idea may contain the following material:
- It may be a request , statement or question .
- The main idea may include reasons for the direct statement