1 .Internal communication
- Horizontal / crosswise communication
- Downward communication
- Upward communication
2. External communication.
1. Internal communication :
When communication flows from one person or part to the other within an organization is called internal communication. It has following channels or kinds :
a. Horizontal / crosswise communication :
Its between personnel in one department and personnel of equal , lower or superior status in other department . It facilitates subordinates to keep their superiors informed of their interdepartmental activities.
b. Download communication :
It flows from superior to subordinates ,it is refer to as download communication. Subordinate gets the information , guidelines , orders , advice and the Manager gives them to subordinate. Employees can have understanding of organization goals , policies and products . Boss – subordinate relation is improved .
c. Upward communication:
It flows from subordinates to superiors . It includes daily reports , sales reports , explanations , reviews , summaries , statements and comments.
2. External communication:
- It is inter company communication
- Well – worded letters , reports , and proposals improve business relations
- Oral communication is also used
- Disgruntled customers are satisfied
- New customers are discovered
- New dimensions and depths of the market are exploited
- It improves goodwill , public image , safety , productivity , profits and public credibility.