- Measurable: Inclusive of size, purchasing power and profiles of the segment can be measured.
- Accessible: Effectively reached and served.
- Substantial: Large or profitable enough to serve.
- Differentiable: Conceptually distinguishable and respond differently to different marketing mix elements and programs.
- Actionable: Effective programs can be designed for attracting and serving the segments.
The issue in target market is not who is targeted but rather how and what for. So you must understand the profile of the people and their needs in order to reach out to them.