Even though offices vary in nature and type, they still perform the same functions.
Supports commerce, industry and public services by recording and providing information in the following ways:-
1. Providing information to other organization eg price list, quotations, financial information
2. Receiving and processing information from other organization
3. Receipts and payments to and from organizations, remuneration to employees
4. Providing information for internal use
5. Maintaining records for future reference
Activities of an office
• Processing information
• Storing information and data / efficient filing system
• Presenting of information
The administrative assistants
Clerical workers’ job
• Sort and file information
• Supply and communicate information
• Keep records/accounts by checking accuracy of all information
• The prime purpose of an office is to collect and process relevant information, which is then stored and despatched to appropriate personnel.
• Typical office activities include invoicing, purchasing, ordering and processing orders, preparation of accounting information and statistics, payroll etc
Be the first to comment on "Functions of an office"