The following are the functions of treasurer.
- Provisions of finance:- It includes the estimation of funds necessary for procurement preparing programmes and implementing them, establishing relation among various sources of funds, issuing the securities and managing debt etc.
- Banking Function:– It includes opening bank accounts, depositing cash, payment of company liabilities, accounting cash receipts & payments, responsibility for transacting actual assets etc.
- Custody:- The treasurer is the custodian of funds and securities.
- Management of credit and collection:– The treasurer determines credit risk of customers and arranges for collection.
- Investments: It involves the investment of surplus funds.
- Insurance:- The treasurer signs the cheques, agreement and other letters of company forecasts cash receipts and payments, pay property taxes and follows government regulations.