- Is the copy based on the briefing?
- Is it interesting?
- Is it interactive?
- Is the story line complete and fluid in its completion?
- Are there pauses and breaks while reading?
- Does it end interestingly?
- Was it able to hold the attention?
There are quite a number of other questions that you could possibly have. The method is however suitable only for the body text and not for any other element.
2. Consumer jury test: Here the ranking of the advertisements are done by a group of people called the jurors. The point system is given to an average of 4-5 copies that they are given to rank. The order of merit is the one, which determine which is the best advertisement by the jurors and which has been rated as the worst. The points given by the jurors are then added together to determine which is the ad, which has got the maximum points. This is the one that is the chosen one. Within this context we have paired comparison. In a Paired Comparison at a time two ad copies are compared. It is one-to-one comparison amongst test ads. More than six ad copies can also be compared by this method. Every single ad is compared with all others, but only two (a pair) is considered at one period of time. Sources are recorded on cards. They are summed up. The winner gets the highest score. The other ads are rated according to their scores after summation. It is easier technique than order of merits. Till ten copies, there is good accuracy; which later decreases.
3. Portfolio test: Here some dummy ads are mixed with regular ads. They are then put in a portfolio. The consumer samples each advertisements and judges, which is the best one. In case the selected ad is the dummy one, then the regular ad is changed or modified in the manner of the dummy ad.
3. Mock magazine test: This is very similar to the portfolio test, however the ads are put in an actual magazine and is exposed to the consumer. The recall test is then taken to adjudge which is the best ad.
4. Perceptual Meaning Studies (PMS): It is a method that is uses time exposure to test the ads. Tachistoscope is an instrument that may be used in this test. The respondent sees the ad for a pre-determined time, and then is subjected to a recall test-product, brand illustration and the main copy.