The role of a CEO is to achieve the organizational objective, by efficiently running the organization. He also needs to maintain close working relation with chairman and the directors. His relation with the chairman requires a high degree of trust, respect and an ability to communicate openly. On the other hand he should maintain cordial relationship with the executive directors to ensure that they act in the interest of the whole organization. He needs to motivate the directors in improving the performance of the organization.
Apart for the above roles, a CEO should;
- Present the company to major investors, media and the government
- Provide leadership and direction to all executive director
- Assist the executive directors in formulating strategies proposals that have to be endorsed by the board.
- Be a source of inspiration , leadership and direction to all the employees, customers and suppliers
- Take firm decision when situation demands.