VALS is a relatively new concept, pioneered by SRI International, a Management Consulting firm in California that conducted a nationwide survey of the US consumers based on values and lifestyles first in 1979. This model was later modified in 1989 and renamed VALS-II, which segmented the American consumers into 8 consumer profiles.
Some of the uses to which Values and Lifestyles segmentation has been put are:
· To identify whom to target and find niche markets much more easily.
· To locate where concentrations of your target group lives.
· To gain insight into why the target group acts the way it does.
· To improve and introduce products that speaks to customers’ values.
· To target the marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively and accurately.
· To position products more accurately in the marketplace.
Be the first to comment on "The Inception and Evolution Of VALS"