The Primary objective of industrial relations is to maintain good & healthy relations between workers and management in the enterprise. All other objectives revolve around this primary objective. Some of these are as below:-
- To Promote healthy Labour-management relations.
- To protect interest of employees as well as management by securing highest level of mutual understanding and goodwill among them.
- To raise productivity to a higher level which is the need of the day & to contribute to economic development of the country.
- To check industrial conflicts & minimise the occurrence of strikes, lockouts & gheraos.
- To minimise labour turnover & absenteeism by providing job satisfaction to the workers.
- To facilitate & develop industrial democracy based on workers’ partnership in management of industry.
- To establish government control over industries to regulate production and industrial relations.