Major consumer- Promotion Tools
- Samples: Samples are offers of a free amount or a trial of a product for consumers. The sample might be delivered doors-to-door, sent by mail or found attached to another product.
- Coupons: Coupons are certificates entitling the bearer to a stated savings on the purchase of a specific product.
- Cash Refund Offers (Rebates): Cash Refund Offer provides a Price reduction after the purchase rather than at a retail shop. The consumer has to produce a proof of purchase to claim refunds.
- Price Packs: They are offers to consumers of savings off the regular price of a product.
- Premiums (Free Gifts) are merchandise offered at a relatively low cost or free as an incentive to purchase a particular product.
- Prizes (Contest, Games): Prizes are offers of the chance to win cash, trips or merchandise as a result of purchasing something. A contest calls for consumers to submit an entity – a single, estimate, suggestion – to be examined by a panel of Judges who will select the best entry.
- Patronage Awards: Patronage awards are values in cash or in other forms that are proportional to one’s Patronage of a certain vendor or groups of vendors. Most airlines offer “frequent – flyer planes” providing points for miles traveled that can be turned in for free airline trips.
- Free Trails: Free Trials consists of inviting prospective purchasers to try the product without cost in the hope that they will buy the product.
- Tie – in – Promotions : Tie – in – Promotions involve two or more brands or companies that team up on coupons, refunds and contest to increase their pulling power.