Difference between LAN , MAN , WAN
1. LAN stands for Local Area Network.
2. Used Guided Media
3. A communication network linking a number of stations in same local area.
4. LAN generally provides a high-speed 100 Kbps to 100 Mbps.
1. MAN stands for Metropolitan Area Network.
2. Use may be Guided or may be Unguided media.
3. This network shares the characteristics of packet broadcasting networks.
4. A MAN is optimized for a large geographical area than LAN.
1. WAN stands for Wide Area Network.
2. Used Unguided media.
3. A communication network distinguished from a Local Area Network.
4. Its long distance communications, which may or may not be provided by public packet network.